Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Best Of Intentions

I have seen the sea of stars and bars
Flapping, Snapping on the black topped highways
The glow of candles so meaningfully burning
throughout the night
Who's numbers dwarf the stars
in the dark of night
I've heard the moans and cries
chorused by tears that fall as monsoons rains
to the ready swollen rivers of anguish
I've walked down those green rolling valleys
that lay thickly filled with white crosses
That stand sentinel
What of these will speak for me
who among them
Has such powers to breathe life
back into this box
of rattling bones
What glue might they conjure
to piece together my broken soul
Oh! Speak to me shout to my ears
for I so know the answer
For all the spent good intentions
soon become arcade
Once the coin drops through the slot
the show is soon forgotten
Now once again they speak of war
The line drawn through its sand
again our armour stands ready
our faces turned towards
the winds of war
jSweptson

No comments:

Post a Comment