Friday, August 5, 2011

out on the streets

"out on the streets"

by jSweptson
saw you out
on
the street's
today
rain
pouring down
your umbrella
long since its
day
but
i
had places
to be
as
i
hurried on
my way
saw you
down the alley
of that
famous
little diner
as you
busily
dug
though
the trash
appearing
to be
caught up
in your
little
chore
me
much to late
my latte
getting cold
saw you
today
on the
information
tube
you and all
those others
some
said
in the distance
bombs
were falling
but
so little
i could do
i'm
just too
far away
you were out
on the highway
the one
beside
the mall
holding out
your little
sign of
cardboard
i know
not what
it read
for
i had cash
in my pockets
i was
on
my way
to spend
so as you knock
on that
door
to my
glassed in
little world
its
not
that i don't
notice
but
i
can't
just let
you
in

jSweptson
Feb 25

No comments:

Post a Comment